Friday, May 18, 2012

Chase the Lightening

      This post was originally meant to be published about a week ago; when I actually finished reading Chase the Lightening but, due to a nasty computer virus my computer would crash every ten minutes... such a drag! Anyways... my computer is up and running so I can actually publish this post now!

    Chase the Lightening; I'm not even sure I know where to start! This book written by Madeline Baker, is a marriage between, science fiction, westerns and romance. It can definetley not be confined to a single genre, so if you do not like a book to stray from one genre to another then this is probably not a good choice for you. That being said, I loved it! I'm a big fan of the power of imagination and the way Baker wove these three genres together made my imagination tingle with excitement.

     The timeless romance between Amanda and Trey captured my heart as they travelled between Amanda's modern day country house and Trey's Wild West. It didn't hurt of course that the story was set (in part) in the Wild West and filled with page turning horse races that made it near impossible to put the book down. The magic of this Wester, Sci-Fi, Time Travelling, Romance gave me chills down to my toes; proving itself to be a heart-racing read!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Leaving a Comment; I absolutely love to hear from my readers!