Sunday, April 22, 2012

Reading a Small Piece of Paradise

    There is nothing quite like a good book. Without books I doubt I'd be able to fall asleep seeing as I've recently incorporated a minimum of 10 minutes (usually more like 20 or 30 minutes) of reading before bed. Reading is something I have enjoyed forever and, I'm really excited about sharing my reading experiences on this blog.

    So without further ado, the book I am currently reading is called, Paradise House by Erica James. The plot (so far as I can tell) follows the tale of a young woman Genevieve Baxter who is trying to cope with her capricious mother's recent decision to "go find herself", which in lieu of her mother's absence, has made her the temporary manager of an old-fashioned seaside inn in picturesque Angel Sands. On top of all of this there seems to be hints that Genevieve's past was not always filled with sunshine. The whimsical and carefree attitudes of her other two sisters and the introverted nature of her father add the feeling that not all is well at Paradise House.


Genevieve and her sisters
Image retrieved from: Paradise Lost on James' website

       So far, I'm finding that Paradise House is an easy read; which offers a nice breath of fresh air in between reading classics which tend to have more challenging prose. If you're looking for an easy read, with a hint of mystery, wry family relationships and a dreamy landscape then check out Paradise House!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Leaving a Comment; I absolutely love to hear from my readers!